Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My commute from work

I drive an hour to work.  I have long stopped thinking about it as a painful commute.  It's actually very pretty.  I pass farm stands, wineries, rivers, every type of church you can imagine.  I also found a short cut down a windy road that crosses a little bridge.  If the sun is shining when I drive home I always look out to the left as I go over the bridge because it is spectacular.  The sun hits the tips of the reeds so that they all look like little glints of gold. Yesterday I finally pulled over and took a picture.  It doesn't do it justice but at least now I have it captured.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Beautiful scene. The golden highlights on the grass are lovely.

kim said...

What an extraordinary spot. Your photo makes it look so peaceful. Makes me want to visit for some R & R.

Judi Clark said...

I can see why you don't mind your commute! Of course I suspect stopping to take pictures makes it even longer. I like the composition of this.