Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Games. Week 8 -52

I needed a break from snow related pictures. We went away for a long weekend with our lovely friends and we played games.  Game after game after game.  Of course even though I got a great flash (canon speedlite 430 EX)  for Christmas I still haven't found the time? patience? or brainpower? to actually figure out how it works. Can anyone help me with that???  So I took all of these with no flash and a very high ISO.  So they are seriously grainy.  Below is a picture of Seb playing "Celebrity" trying to describe a famous person to his team.

 Still playing celebrity but you might see the remnants of a previous game on everyone's foreheads (3 spot Harry)


The next night we played Telestrations.  It involves drawing pictures and guessing what your neighbour might have drawn.

Someone drew Wonder Woman but she got no points because her neighbour thought it was the tooth fairy.
Of course as the night progressed the games got sillier and sillier.  How about this one? You had to pick up an empty bag of goldfish with your mouth... but no body part (other than your feet) could touch the floor.  Each round gets progressively harder as you chop off another inch from the bag.  


Through all the silliness this darling little dog rested quietly.


Of course these may not be my greatest pictures, but I think I have the greatest friends.  Lucky me.



7 comments:

Carrie said...

Lucky us. Love these memories. xo

Lois said...

Wonderful storyboard of a fun evening. I love the resting dog photo.

kim said...

I still love the lighting even with a high ISO.
The last picture of the dog is amazing. Is otter sitting with his/her owner? Because that is really a wonderful shot. She might want a copy of that :)
Sounds like a great time. No kids? Or we're they all asleep?

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like a fun night! Makes me wish I were with you all playing!

Ivor said...

There's a canon speedlite 430 EX tutorial on DVD by Michael Andrew if that helps, but I like the flash-free images you got there, especially the last.

Judi Clark said...

Your series of pictures really brings out the fun with your friends. The lighting seems perfect... better than if you used flashed.

Anonymous said...

Great documentary of fun times!