Thursday, February 28, 2013

Weather. Week 9 - 52

Today I drove from the north shore of Long Island to the south Shore.  It doesn't take long (maybe 20 minutes).  As I was heading south I could see a thick band of bright sunny light coming from the ocean and above it there was a thick dark black cloud.  When I finally arrived at my destination I grabbed my camera because the lighting was awesome.  I love the dark dark clouds ahead combined with the light coming from behind me.  Moments after I took these pictures the heavens opened.  And minutes later it was over and the skies cleared up.  Weather...



6 comments:

Judi Clark said...

The lighting is awesome in these images!

Anonymous said...

Stunning contrasts between the buildings and sky! Thank goodness you had a camera!

Anonymous said...

What awesome looking skies, glad you were prepared to get in a few shots before the rains came.

Lois said...

Fabulous lighting.

BobbieCoughlin said...

Love the use of selective color on both--so subtle, which, to me, makes it more effective.

Anonymous said...

The lighting and the colors against the sky really shows great contrast...really love the bottom image!