Sunday, January 27, 2013

Winter. Week 5 -52

 It is bitterly cold in New York right now.  Figured it was a good time to take care of the winter theme.
At the bottom of our street is a lake, a dam and the long island sound.  The lake often freezes but this is the first time I have seen the sound freeze.  I could barely feel my fingers as I clicked away.

 This poor little guy was walking across the lake wondering where the water went.  You have wings you silly fool - FLY SOUTH!!!

This is the lake side, with the sun beaming down and the heron sculpture.

 The morning light on our snowy log pile.


A bush covered in snow but it could almost pass for a pine forest!

9 comments:

Lois said...

Lovely series of winter images.

Anonymous said...

You have winter well covered! All images are gorgeous and scream COLD! My favorite is of that poor little duck trying to walk in the snow...love the color against that snow!

Anonymous said...

I live in New England, so I'm feeling your cold! My fave is the poor mallard. People walk that way when they're out in frigid temperatures: hunched up, stiff, scowling, wondering why the bleep fate has me here instead of somewhere with palm trees.

regularman said...

I'm sorry it's so cold, but your photos are beautiful and represent the theme very well.

Ivor said...

I had a glitch in that my link to your page kept taking me to the same picture, so I thought you had not updated. I now have all the fun of browsing through a month's worth of your excellent photos! :) These icy pictures are fabulous. I didn't know New York looked like that.

Judi Clark said...

That mallard is my favorite! He has so much character walking across the snowy pond. But really all of the images show a sunny clear cold day... I remember them well.

Anonymous said...

You did an excellent job with this theme fulfillment, I can feel the cold from where I sit!

Carrie said...

These are amazing. I especially love the one of the duck. So crisp - wow.

kim said...

The log pile!!!! What an awesome series.
Keep clicking Gemma.