Sunday, March 10, 2013

Play. Week 10 -52

I found it hard figuring out which theme I wanted to work on this week.  I spent so much time just "playing" with my camera that I didn't focus.  But I looked through some pictures and realized that playing was probably the theme of the week (and month... and year).  This picture was actually taken a couple of weeks ago at the Berkshire museum in Massachusetts.  They had an entire room dedicated to "child directed play" where they literally just filled up a room with cardboard boxes, egg cartons, tape, cling film (saran wrap), and all kinds of other non-toy toys.  It was awesome.  Some of the adults in our group might have had as much fun as the kids.  Here is Charlotte totally proud of the houses she built with her big-kid friends...


Sometimes playing just involves the simplest ideas.  This week both girls had so much fun building a lego tower with the goal of making it taller than themselves.  Yes, it did fall on her head seconds after I took the picture...

Play in our house involves a lots of arts and crafts.  The floor usually looks like this.
And just because I can't dedicate an entire post to just Charlotte... here is Annabelle playing peekaboo/peepo on our swingset outside.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures make me want to play with them! Love all those smiles!

Lois said...

Love the creativity and the through enjoyment that shines though on Annebelle and Charlotte's faces.

Anonymous said...

Lovely playful faces with enjoyment clearly showing.

BobbieCoughlin said...

That top photo especially is just plain FUN.

gemma said...

Come play!!