Wednesday, January 16, 2013

City. Week 3 - 52

I had a whole morning to myself.  Well, me and my camera...  I strolled through Manhattan and got a big dose of city.  It was wonderful.  This was my favourite because it captures an NYPD car, elevated tracks, scaffolding and stores... the nitty gritty of the city.  Here are some others that captured the cold, foggy january morning in the city. 

Loved all these straight lines
 No city is a city without graffiti
 This is winter.
Manhattan drivers heading into the fog!

8 comments:

Lois said...

Nice series showing city life in Manhattan.

Anonymous said...

Loving this big dose of the city! Also, those black and white tones are perfect for this series of pics!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful series of shots! You have a wonderful eye for great shots, and the black and white is perfect! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Super series! A great choice for using black and white.

BobbieCoughlin said...

Awesome series--B&W is the right choice for gritty urban scenes. I love the variety in the images you've chosen, too.

Anonymous said...

Very nice - the first one is my favorite too. Looks like the lower west side along the highline park.

Ivor said...

Wow, NY is THE city to photograph. Amazing shots.

Judi Clark said...

NYC is one place that b&w photography works... or at least your series has convinced me of this. Each shot is more amazing than the next.