Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Writing. Week 24-52.

Man... some weeks parenting can be rough.  One evening last week I had to put my 6 year old in time-out.  When that didn't work I gave her one more warning before it was ""no books tonight" - the ultimate punishment.  She wasn't happy about it at all.  After a pretty major meltdown (and no books) she finally quieted down and started writing little messages which she threw down the stairs (and then shouted "Mum, there is a message for you).
This was the first one " I love you, but sometimes I don't.  I hope you understand"  Yes. I was pretty crushed.
Six more messages came down the stairs that night.  I had to wait until the following day to get the message I really wanted though!


6 comments:

Lois said...

Very touching series that brought back many memories.

Anonymous said...

You just gave me my smile for the day...this is what parenting is all about1

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember those days with my three daughters...have some notes that are very similar to these saved in their babybooks. Precious memories even though some days were sure tough at the time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the ups and downs of childhood! What is so impressive is that she could be honest with you.

Bobbie

Judi Clark said...

Very emotional...

Anonymous said...

Awwww... and they lived happily ever after (until the next time).