Thursday, June 6, 2013

Countryside. Week 23-52

I was so lucky to go home to England last week and surprise my aunt for her big birthday. Luckier still that England was awash with golden sunlight from the minute I arrived until the moment I left.  Truly, I think that there is nothing prettier than the English countryside.  Here's just a sample.


And then of course there are english country gardens with little gates and gorgeous daisies

railway tracks that head off into the distance
signposts to the village hall
flowers that grow on stone walls with my uncle waiting patiently for me to take yet another picture
But mostly in the countryside you can be guaranteed a pub lunch/sunday roast with a yorkshire pudding that will blow your mind.  Oh England, I miss you.



6 comments:

Lois said...

Outstanding series of the English countryside.

Anonymous said...

Love the crisp brilliant sunlight.

Bobbie

Anonymous said...

I want to go with you! These are all so beautiful...especially love the train tracks

Anonymous said...

England has been on my bucket list for quite some time and your beautiful scenes just confirm that desire. These are awesome!

Judi Clark said...

Thanks for taking us along on your trip... I relish every pic.. and what treat in the last one!

Anonymous said...

An outstanding commentary about the countryside! It's doubtful I could pick a favorite.